Toronto’s largest independent real estate blog is looking for a data journalist.
Interested in introducing Canada to journalism 2.0? Are you a journalist that isn’t afraid to give your real opinion – even if it means you’ll be hated by every real estate agent in Toronto? Would you have told us we write like hacks and tell us what you hated about it? Perfect, then we’d like to have chat!
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Knows what journalism 2.0 is.
- Located in Toronto. Failing that, a pretty decent knowledge of local politics, wards, and boundaries would be considered a workable substitute.
- Have experience with big data.
- Knows how to acquire data, clean it, and turn it into a working piece.
- Working knowledge of NoSQL (as in, you know what it is).
- What you lack in knowledge, you make up for with your excellent research skills.
- A portfolio of written work (bonus points if you have a data article you’ve worked on).
- Pitch new articles, and how we would acquire the data.
- Work with our data-scientist on building data collection tools so you can do your job better.
- Work with front-end team to build micro-apps to deliver your article.
- Write the associated article to explain your findings, and how the reader is going to use your articles.
Still interested? Email us your resume and cover letter to [email protected] along with your salary expectations. This is a full-time gig, but hours are completely flexible. We’ll get in touch if we think you might be a good fit. No phone calls or recruiters please.